So many changes have occurred over the past few months or so. John and I are now living in Rexburg, Idaho. John is finishing up his degree in Communications, while I am working. Moving to Idaho has never been something I've wanted to do. Prior to us moving up here, we came to visit and get all of John's classes and possible housing figured out. I was still battling with the idea until slowly I began to feel at peace. Now that I look back I think of what a good decision it was.
As we prepared for the big move, everything simply fell into place. We found an affordable moving truck, people to help us load and un-load. The day we moved in, April 14th 2012, we originally only had one guy helping us. Before we were through with unloading the truck there were a total of ten people helping us. Our neighbors, as well as a few students' family members ,who happened to just be visiting, even came out to help us. John and I then planned to buy pizza for everyone to thank them for their help. Our next-door neighbors, Jamie and Preston, offered to buy the pizza. They wouldn't take "no" for an answer. The most overwhelming feeling of hospitality and kindness,that I have ever felt by any stranger in my life, suddenly swept over me. When people talk about "living their 'religion'" it means nothing, but when someone actually lives it it does something to You inside-- penetrates the deepest part that awakes those feelings of Your purpose; which is that we were born to serve each other.
What a blessing it has been to live here. We have made friends easily and have come to love the open fields, the clean air, the campus, a reliable job, a cute home, and the peaceful feeling here.
My new philosophy is to never say you'll never live somewhere until you have. A lesson well learned.
No comments:
Post a Comment