Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The length of a smile

Have you ever gone through a day feeling under the weather and some random person-driving in the next car next to you, walking past you in the grocery store, or sitting next to you on the bus-  took a moment to look you in the eyes and smile? My husband and I were at Macey's last night, when an old,frail man shuffled in the store.  He didn't seem very coherent of what was going on around him. He shuffled towards the motor-carts, started it up and began driving past us. I couldn't help but smile at him as he drove by. He then stopped immediately and said, "Young lady thank you for that smile... there's nothing like a smile from a pretty lady. Thank you!"  As he drove away he too had a big smile on his face.  I've always been the person on the other end... and from my experience both ends are worth smiling about.      

No comments:

Post a Comment