Thursday, August 11, 2011

Catching up on blessings

(Aug 08, 2011)                                                 
Today I got off of work 30 minutes late. Took the same route home I take everyday, but instead of a road free from congested traffic, it was a rush-hour nightmare. On the drive home, the 'freeway' lost its meaning, I stopped for 10 minutes at a time, and when I moved I only moved about 3 yards at a time. My patience was wearing thin. It was 6:15 and I couldn't stop thinking about an important appointment I had to be at (7:pm) and couldn't miss.  There was a few things I still needed to get done at home before going to the appointment.  Thanks to a working cell phone and my dear husband who happened to be home, I was able to call and ask him to make the cookies I needed for my appointment and to also pray that I would somehow make it home at 6:45. After I got through talking to my husband I asked Heavenly Father to give me a better attitude because I was lacking patience. Soon enough I was singing to a country song on the radio and completely forgot about how long I had been on the road.  Soon the road cleared and I arrived home right at 6:45.
My heart goes out to all those of you who have to drive through rush-hour everyday. I am thankful for the gift of prayer, but most of all for God hearing and answering our prayers. 



No comments:

Post a Comment