Thursday, August 18, 2011
small act... Big impression
I have a friend who is from Iraq, who has been living here in Utah with her two small daughters for the past year. The first time I met them was just a few months ago, while at church, where they were seeking financial help. I quickly became more acquainted with them, which has resulted into a close friendship. My husband and I, along with every other member at my church, have been advised not to speak of gospel principles with her or her children; reason being, is if she is ever sent back to her country she could possibly loose her life. My husband and I were invited to her home for dinner this last Sunday. The food was amazing, and she was a fantastic little hostess. I am grateful for the opportunity I had to step outside of my own culture for one day. I have gained more respect for her and her culture; which makes me want to be a little better in my own. I have been so blessed to have grow up with so many privileges and freedoms. One word... humbling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment